Namm 2018: SPL MC16 – 16 Channel Mastering Monitor Controller
Today’s mastering studio must be prepared for Dolby Atmos® and Auro 3D® projects. Monitoring up to 16 channels in a quality that is on par with state-of-the-art stereo was hard to achieve – until now.
The new MC16 sports the world’s first 16-gang precision potentiometer which was specially designed for SPL.
- 16ch analog mastering monitor controller
- 120V DC Audio Rail – 5G SUPRA op-amps
- 16 speaker outputs (XLR)
- 3 speaker array & 3 solo presets
- Label foil
- Compatible with Dolby Atmos®, Auro 3D®, etc.
- 2x 16ch inputs (XLR & DB25)
- Solo, Dim and Mute
- Custom 16-gang potentiometer
- Pairing with DMC
To seamlessly integrate multi-channel monitoring into a stereo mastering environment we developed a way of pairing the MC16 with our new DMC stereo mastering console. The combination of DMC and MC16 allows mastering studios to work in all current audio playback formats at the same quality level, all without reconnecting any speakers.