This Is a b-stock SPL Masterbay S Mastering Router
Unit is in great condition with one small scratch on the very top of the unit (pictured) unit comes with power cable and box.
The classic patch bay allows you to easily route signals between different signal sources, processors and other audio gear. All connected devices can be tapped at any point in the signal path by simply making the adequate connections in the patch bay. This can be very practical when working in projects, since you can set up the audio path according to a specific production without having to change anything until the production is finished. That is frequently the case during mixdown. However, in the mastering stage the needs of an engineer often go well beyond this. Even a direct A/B comparison between two processors or two different signal paths can prove unfeasible with a patch bay. Not to mention loudness compensation after processing, comfortable fine adjustment of input and output levels or an adequate level control to dynamically fade the signal. The MasterBayS fulfills all of these requirements and goes even a couple of decisive steps forward. Its comfortable yet flexible switching and control functions make it easier to achieve the best results with the available equipment. Innovative and pragmatic functions, conceived to simplify and improve the comparison process, give you a qualitative edge in mastering applications, while saving you time.
Using the MasterBayS as analog interface for all your hardware gear reduces to the minimum the actual conversions taking place, regardless of the number of processors used. Due to its high engineering quality, the MasterBayS not only pampers the signal but it also becomes a key element in the audio production stage where it is put to use.
Four stereo inserts are provided on the MasterBay S. Insert 2 and 3 can be swapped in the sequence. Usually you insert a compressor and an EQ in insert 2 and 3. By swapping you can easily decide, if eqing or compression first is better. The Insert Trim knobs serve to adjust the output level of the Insert Return 3. Since inserts 1, 2 and 3 are connected in series, this setting affects all inserted processors.
One of the most interesting functions of the MasterBayS is the AUTO BYPASS — an innovation that not only simplifies the comparison between input and output signals, but also improves it. When activated, this function automatically toggles between input and output signals. It is worth noting that the toggling interval is user defined (refer to BYPASS PERIOD in the next section). AUTO BYPASS allows you to concentrate exclusively on tonal differences — there is no need for manual toggling anymore. This can only mean a clear improvement when assessing your work. Together with LOUDNESS COMPENSATION, these two functions simplify enormously the mastering tasks with the MasterBayS, while bringing quality control to a much more objective level, improving the whole experience.
Inputs & Outputs
- Differential amplifier, electronically balanced/transformerless
- Nominal input level: +4dBu
- Main Input:ca. 20k ohms unbalanced, ca. 40k ohms balanced
- Insert 1-4 Return: ca. 20k ohms unbalanced, ca. 40k ohms balanced
- DAW Return: ca. 20k ohms unbalanced, ca. 40k ohms balanced
- Rec. Output: ca. 75 ohms unbalanced, ca. 150 ohms balanced
- Insert 1-4 Send: ca. 75 ohms unbalanced, ca. 150 ohms balanced
- Monitor Output: ca. 75 ohms unbalanced, ca. 150 ohms balanced
- Metering Output: ca. 10 ohms unbalanced; ca. 20 ohms balanced
Volume Control Ranges
- Input Trim: -6dB to +6dB
- Insert Trim: -6dB to +6dB
- Master Fader: -80dB to +7dB
- Compensation Level: -12dB to 0dB
- Max. input level:23dBu
- Max. output level:23dBu
- Frequency Range:10Hz-100kHz, -3dB: <10Hz – 200 kHz
- CMR -Main Input: >70dB, DAW Return: >70dB, (@1 kHz, 0dBu input level, unity gain)
- THD&N - Rec. Output: 0.0015%, Monitor Output: 0.0015%, (1kHz, +4dBu input level, unity gain)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted) -Rec. Output: < -99dB, Monitor Output < -98dB
- Crosstalk L/R (@ 1 kHz)<98dB
- Dynamic range (not weighted)- Rec. Output: 118,5 dB, Monitor Output: 116dB
- Toroidal transformers
- power supply for LEDs & Relays: 12V/6.3 VA, power supply for audio: 2 x 18V/16VA
- Fuses 230 V AC: 50Hz, 1A; 115 V AC: 60 Hz, 2A
- Voltage Selector 115V/230V
- Power Consumption 24W
- Height: 88mm
- Width: 482mm
- Depth: 237mm
- Weight: 5.5kg
Included In The Box
- 1 x B-Stock SPL Masterbay S Mastering Router
- 1 x Power Cable