NEW Waldorf nw1
Wavetable Module for Eurorack
nw1 is Waldorfs debut product for the popular Eurorack format. It includes an advanced wavetable engine with independent control of spectral envelope and noisiness – just like Nave.
Wavetable scanning is cyclic with optional modulation of travel speed, position, spectrum, and more besides. By providing the worshipped Waldorf wavetable set from the classic Microwave and Wave synthesizers, nw1 will enrich your Eurorack modular system as a potently powerful sound source. The nw1 sound engine also allows for onboard creation of user wavetables via time domain multiple foldover analysis. All you need to do is connect any sound source to the nw1 to transfer audio into a wavetable. Or use the integrated speech synthesizer to translate typed text into wavetables.
More information about the Waldorf nw1 can he found here
- Availability: TBC
- RRP: TBC
NEW JZ Microphones GTR1
Dynamic Microphone for guitar cabinets and combos
GTR1 is a dynamic microphone specially designed for use with guitar cabinets and combos. The GTR1 is a professional dynamic microphone which has been developed inline with JZ Microphones hardcrafted traditions. The GTR1 provides users with extended frequency range (50Hz - 18kHz) to suite all kind of musical tastes, guitar sounds and genres. Housed inside the hardcrafted metal body is a Neodymium magnet equipped cardioid capsule. Also included with the package is a pouch and microphone clamp.
- Availability: TBC
- RRP: TBC
NEW CME Xkey 37 announced
37 reasons to go (slightly) bigger
- 37 full-size keys (3 octaves).
- 100% MIDI compliant.
- Velocity sensitive.
- Polyphonic aftertouch.
- Pressure sensitive Pitch bend and Modulation buttons, with continuous MIDI control data.
- Octave +/- push buttons.
- Sustain button.
- USB Powered (no external power supply needed).
- Firmware upgradable via USB.
- Configurable via Xkey Plus free app for iOS, Mac OSX, and Windows.
- Proprietary Xcable provided
- MIDI OUT (DIN-5 through Xcable).
- Sustain Pedal input (6.35mm (1/4") jack through Xcable).
- Expression Pedal input (6.35mm (1/4") jack through Xcable).
More information about the CME Xkey 37 can he found here
- Availability: Now
- RRP: £149 inc Vat
NEW Crane Stand Elite
Premium Multi-Position Laptop Stand
The Crane Stand Elite is a premium, ultra lightweight, multi-position, fold flat laptop and tablet Stand for DJs, Musicians, Producers and anyone in need of the highest quality laptop or tablet stand on Planet Earth. Ideal for laptops, tablets, projectors, controllers, or any other comperable size/weight electronic device. The robust design of the Crane Stand Elite gives you the ultimate in space-saving flexibility, superior ergonomics, stability, and the best quality possible.
- Versatile and Durable
- Notched for precision positioning
- No Loose Parts
- #1 in Stability
- Light Weight Design at just Under 3 lbs
- Highest Level of Quality
- Aerospace Materials
- Billet Aluminum Knobs and Axles
- Folds, Flat and Easy to Setup
- 1” When folded
- Height Adjustable from 1.5” to 13”
- Availability: Now
- RRP: £129 inc Vat
CME Xkey Now In New Colors
CME adds a touch of colour to the Xkey range
Now you can choose a portable USB MIDI keyboard that matches your favorite color scheme. In addition to the original Brushed Aluminum model, CME have now launched 5 new colors: Dark Grey, Blue, Champagne, Gold, and Black.
No matter which model you choose, you get all the features that have made Xkey the popular choice for students through to professional musians. Like…
- 25 full-size keys. Like a regular piano.
- Slim design. Just over 1/2″ high.
- Aluminum case. Strong. Lighter than an iPad.
- Mac, PC, Android, iOS. Plug & Play.
- 100% MIDI. Use with your favorite apps.
- Polyphonic aftertouch. Studio effects.
- Velocity sensitive. Concert standard.
- More octaves than a piano.
- USB powered. No batteries needed.
- Customize & update. It’s a safe investment.
More information about the CME Xkey can he found here
- Availability: Now Shipping
- RRP: £89 inc Vat
Waldorf Streichfett now shipping
Waldorf announce new String Synthesizer at Musikmesse
Streichfett combines the best of the now extinct species of String Synthesizers of the 70s and early 80s. Its dual sound engine features a fully polyphonic strings section and a monophonic solo section, which is essential for recreating how adult movies sounded thirty years ago. The Ensemble Effect handles lubrication of the String Section, while the Effects section adds adjustable Phaser or Reverb. Alternatively, the Effect section can be used to animate the strings registration, allowing spectacular sound morphs.
More information about the Waldorf Streichfett can he found here
- Availability: Now Shipping
- RRP: £199 inc Vat
Ventilator II Now Shipping
Rotary Cabinet Simulator
VENTILATOR II is a digital FX device that simulates a model 122 Leslie rotary speaker cabinet mic'ed up with a stereo pair on top for the treble horn and a single mono mic below for the bass woofer. Designed to deliver great results with organ and guitar, its outstanding features include:
- Sophisticated modeling algorithms and a faithful replication of the model 122 Leslie's rotary effect.
- Independent emulations of bass and treble rotors.
- Faithful replication of the original's mechanical properties.
- Speaker simulation emulating the 122's frequency response.
- Same 800Hz crossover as the original.
- Adjustable rotary speed and acceleration.
- Drive section that simulates distortion / power tube saturation in the Leslie's amp.
- Variable placement of virtual microphones.
- Relay-equipped true bypass circuit.
- Speaker simulation may be switched off for guitar amps.
- Port for a remote footswitch / half-moon switch / expression pedal.
- Slow / Fast / Stop switching.
- Rugged sheet metal chassis and recessed buttons.
- Simple, straightforward analog handling.
- Availability: Shipping Now
- RRP: £349 inc Vat
Waldorf 2-pole Now Shipping
For some decades now, analog filters have had a deep impact on contemporary music. Since its very beginnings, Waldorf has been renowned for the quality of their excellent sounding analog filters.
Whether these were integrated in stand alone units, such as the 4-Pole, X-Pole or the AFB16, which enabled the world's first analog plug-Ins, or were found inside our synthesizers such as the Wave, the Q+ or the Pulse - Waldorf filters have influenced the world's sound for over two decades.
2-Pole is giving the guitar player, the DJ, or the keyboard player access to the heart of the Waldorf sound - with an inspiring user interface with a one knob/one function philosophy. Spice up your live performances with dramatic filter sweeps that really cut through. Funk up your guitar licks by hooking a pedal controller to 2-Poles' cutoff CV In or using the integrated envelope follower. Animate your pad sounds using 2-Pole's LFO. But beware - no matter what you do with this tiny black box, make sure you set the levels to your amplifiers and speakers correctly, as 2-Pole is yet another beast from Waldorf - with love!
More information about the Waldorf 2-pole can he found here
- Availability: April
- RRP: £169 inc Vat
Hand in Hand appointed UK Distribution
In 2007 JZ Microphones was established in Riga, Latvia. After twenty years of designing several dozen successful microphones, Mic Designer Juris Zarins decided to redirect his experience and passion for design into his own line of handcrafted recording microphones. JZ Microphones are the combination of open-minded thinking leading to an innovative approach and great experience lending deep understanding of fine microphone construction. JZ Microphones combine all the elements critical to world-class microphone design; patented capsule technology, precision electronics and innovative industrial design.
The most important component in every microphone is the capsule. Its design and how it transforms sound into electric energy gives soul to your recordings.
Golden Drop technology is an innovative sputtering technique where a precisely engineered pattern of golden dots is distributed across the diaphragm. This unique and proprietary technique is the invention of Juris Zarins and is applied to most of JZ Microphones products.
Advantages of GDC
- Reduced mass of the diaphragm
- Faster response
- More details
- More clarity
- Less coloration
All JZ Microphones are hand crafted and built in Lativa.
More information about JZ Microphones can he found here
NEW Fluid Audio FX8
Coaxial design brings high-end studio technology to the masses
Unlike any monitor in it’s price range, the FX8s employ a dual concentric driver – sometimes called a “coaxial”. Coaxial drivers, found in such world renowned monitors as the Manley ML10, sound great because all frequencies coming from the tweeter and woofer radiate from the exact same position. This is critical for accurate off-axis response as well as phase coherence. The built-in waveguide provides it with wide dispersion and an expansive sweet spot. Listen for yourself!
- Bi-amplified design with 130 watts of Class A/B power for coherent and accurate sound reproduction
- 8" low frequency drivers with composite paper cones for powerful and dynamic lows
- Coaxial mounted 1.2" silk dome hi-frequency drivers with integrated waveguides create a flat response and point-source accuracy
- Optimized, front-loaded slot port for direct radiating low frequency energy
- Magnetic shielding eliminates interference with other electronic equipment
- XLR balanced. 1/4" balanced and RCA unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, interfaces, etc
- Unique fader volume control on front baffle for easy access
- External amplifier heat sink to maximize efficiency while keeping temperature low
- Includes two acoustic isolation pads
More information about the Fluid Audio FX8 can he found here
- Availability: May
- RRP: £299 inc Vat
NEW - SPL CRIMSON
High Performance USB Interface & Monitor Controller
The SPL Crimson is a 6in 6out professional USB Audio Interface with a monitor controller in one affordable package.
The SPL Crimson lets you record, monitor and playback different sources in one single device and features two high quality discrete mic preamps, two Hi-Z instrument preamps for your bass and guitars delivering up to +22dBu for truly professional levels.
The Monitoring controller allows selecting between 10 source connections and 20 monitoring channels. The Crimson is designed to work with a DAW however provides a lot of flexibility even as a standalone unit allowing you to play your instrument and microphone, mix your own monitor signal before recording into your DAW.
The 24-bit/192kHz capable audio interface is gives you high-quality sound from boutique manufacturers at an affordable price point.
- Artist Mode – individual monitoring mix for the artist (in addition to the engineer's mix).
- Talkback Option – Talkback input for a preamplified mic, TB Signal to Phones 2, Auto-Dim for the speaker outputs.
- AD/DA Insert: Speakers B output can also be used as output for external processors.
- iPad Recording: USB Class 2 compliant - Crimson supports HOT-PLUGGING without annoying restarts.
- Max. six recording and six playback channels
- 10 source connections, 20 monitoring channels
- 34V operational voltage for pro levels up to +22 dBu
- Two discrete mic preamplifiers
- Two instrument preamplifiers (Hi-Z, +22 dBu)
- Two separate headphones amps
- Connect and control two stereo speaker sets
- Monitor mix from recording and DAW return paths
- Individual artist monitoring signal, with talkback
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (480MBit/s), MIDI I/O, S/P-DIF I/O
- 24Bit/192kHz converter
- Made in Germany
More information about the SPL Crimson can he found here
- Availability: November
- RRP: £418 inc Vat
Waldorf Pulse 2 Now Shipping
Powerful Analog Synthesizer
Pulse 2 Analog Synthesizer is proof positive that good things can come to those who wait. For ever since this high-quality synthesizer developer discontinued its original rack-mountable Pulse and Pulse+ programmable analogue monosynths boasting ballsy bass tones and legendary leads beyond compare, those Nineties electronic music dominating sounds have been severely sought-after by those in the know. Which was exactly what drove us into development overdrive to produce an all-new Pulse fit for the 21st Century.
As an all-new, all-analogue synthesizer design, Pulse 2 flawlessly delivers exactly what synth connoisseurs around the world have been truly craving for quite some time — three analogue oscillators living in perfect harmony with a VCF (VoltageControlled Filter), yet we did not stop there: the fresh filter circuits in the Pulse 2 now offer 12dB Highpass and Bandpass modes in addition to 24dB/12dB Lowpass for strengthened sound-sculpting flexibility, while we added analogue Filter FM, two Overdrive circuits, and Ring Modulation from OSC 3, together with Paraphonic and Unison modes allowing up to eight-voice chords — a fantastic feature found on our recently-released Rocket Synthesizer.
Pulse 2 is housed in a sturdy metal desktop casing. Alongside its generous 128x64-character backlit LCD, eight eye-catching stainless steel knobs are available to nimbly navigate through the parameter matrix — logically laid out across the front panel for all to see at all times, set the master Volume, and easily edit display-accessible parameters.
More information about the Waldorf Pulse 2 can he found here
- Availability: Now Shipping
- RRP: £406 inc Vat
NEW - Mini Vent
Neo Instruments - Rotary Cabinet Simulator
Neo Instruments is introducing a smaller and lighter version of the Ventilator fine tuned for guitar. The mini Vent is a preset device maintaining the highly acclaimed sound engine of the original model. Features include 2 switchable presets, stereo output, true bypass and slow / fast / stop switching.
- Availability: Coming Soon
- RRP: TBC