The Stanley Clarke Signature Acoustic Preamp is a 2-channel preamp, built exclusively with premium components. It is engineered and designed by EBS together with the legendary bass player and composer Stanley Clarke.
Professional grade signal level
Since the preamp operates at a signal level equal to professional mixing consoles it provides a huge amount of headroom. The superior signal quality makes it suitable to use as a preamp in combination with any power amp. The headroom and specific features make it ideal for handling the complex sonic characteristics of an upright bass.
Two channels - with a secret weapon
The A and B channels both feature an input GAIN control and an EQ strip with BASS, MIDS (pick the frequency range with one knob and cut or boost in that range with another) and TREBLE. They both also have a secret weapon, a control knob that can be used either as a HIGH PASS or NOTCH filter. A switch decides the function, while the control knob picks the frequency range. The notch and high pass filters are excellent tools to prevent unwanted feedback and adjust the sound to the characteristics of the room and your instrument.
Individual input options
With 10 Mohms input impedance for both the A and B channels, it handles any instrument with passive, active, or high impedance piezo pickups. The A channel also provides support for Electret pickups when activating a dedicated switch. The B channel allows you to use a 48V Phantom powered (or passive) dynamic or condenser microphone as the source via an XLR-input. Choose whether to use the XLR or 1/4"-input for the B channel with a switch. The preamp lets you jump between the A and B channels to allow for different settings when you play with a bow or pizzicato or mix the two if you use two different input sources. Blending two different sound input sources can sometimes cause a phase issue. If that occurs, a Phase Inverter switch, attached to the A channel, will solve the problem.
Outputs and additional features
Hook up additional effects in serial or parallel through the EFFECTS LOOP (requires a Y-split insert cable). A TUNER OUT lets you plug in an external tuner. A BALANCED XLR-OUTPUT sends a studio-quality line signal to the front-of-house or a recording device. Use it in conjunction with a Speaker Simulator and use the Ground Lift to prevent hum. The Aux Input and professional-grade Headphones output makes practicing and learning new songs easy.
- 2-channel preamp (A/B or A+B)
- Operates with Studio-grade signal quality
- 10 Mohm Impedance inputs (both channels)
- Individual High Pass/Notch Filter for each channel
- XLR microphone input with Phantom Power (channel B)
- Electret pickup support (channel A)
- Tuner output
- Effects Loop (serial/parallel)
- Balanced Output (with Speaker Simulator and Ground Lift)
- Aux Input and professional-grade headphones output.
- Power Supply included.
Can this pedal be used with other instruments?
Yes, of course. The frequency range of an upright bass is wide and complex, which means most other instruments - acoustic or electric - fits within the range that this pedal covers. Other acoustic instruments benefit from the same specific features that this pedal is equipped with to handle the upright bass. Electric bass players may find the two similar channels an excellent way to make individual EQ settings for two different instruments and make it possible to switch between the two smoothly at a gig.
- Input Impedance: 10 Mohms // 22 pF
- Gain: Gain Range -oo/+30 dB Gain Peak LED (ch A = RED, B = yellow) +10 dBv Frequency Response +0/-3 dB 20-20.000 Hz
- Bass Filter: Type Shelving Gain Range +/- 15 dB @ 40 Hz
- Mid Filter: Type Bandpass Filter Gain Range +/- 13 dB Frequency Range 70 - 2500 Hz Q 0.8
- Treble Filter: Type Shelving Gain Range +/- 15 dB @ 10 kHz
- HP Filter: Type 12 dB/octave High Pass Frequency Range 20(off) - 450 Hz
- Notch Filter: Type Bandpass Notch Frequency Range 70 - 2200 Hz Q 7 Attenuation 7 dB (typically)
- Electret Power (Channel A): 5V, 2mA
- Effects Loop: Loop Signal Level -10 dBv (nominal)
- Phones Out: Recommended Imp. 32 - 200 ohms
- Aux Input: Input Impedance 20 kohms
- Nominal Level -10 dBv
- Output: Output Impedance 1 kohms
- Signal Level 0 dBv (nominal)
- Balanced Output: Output Level -20dBv (nominal)
- XLR Connections 1-GND, 2-Hot, 3-Cold Options
- Gnd Lift, SPKR Sim
- Balanced Input (Channel B): Input Level -30dBv (nominal)
- LR Connections 1-GND, 2-Hot, 3-Cold
- 48V Phantom Yes
- Auxiliary Info: Power Requirements Idle 500mA max 800mA @9V (with headphones at max output level)@9V
- Dimensions (WxDxH): max 168 x 124 x 53 mm / 6.6” x 4.9” x 2.1”
- Weight: 660 g (1.5 lbs.)