The new EBS Magni 502 is a super lightweight bass combo series with innovative design solutions to extend the sound capability of such a compact rig. The difference is magnificent.
Lightweight beyond this world
The choices of materials in conjunction with neodymium speakers make the EBS Magni 502 one of the lightest bass combos in its class (only 15.4 kg for the 210-model!). But don’t worry – the sound is nothing but lightweight.
Let the sound out of the box
With the innovative porting of the cabinet both on the front and back, the compact cabinet delivers more output and low-end bass than you would imagine judging by the appearance. The double-porting helps distribute the sound evenly for a great sound experience independently if you stay next to the combo or step further away. It uses the room itself to support and distribute the sound. Still, the tone is solid, punchy, and tight due to the amp’s use of EBS soft clip technology and the highly efficient Neodymium speakers.
Filters and features that make a difference
The amplifier is similar to the EBS Reidmar 502, which means an analog preamp with powerful filters to shape the sound and a 500 W power module developed by EBS with the possibility to hook up an extra cabinet at 4 or 8 ohms if ever needed. You can also use the high-quality XLR output for a balanced line signal from the amp to the FOH mixer without needing an external line box.
Magnificient upgrades since the previous Magni:
- Reduced weight by 6 kg (total weight only 15.4 kg)!
- Based upon the award-winning Reidmar amp design.
- 500W Dynamic Output (250W RMS)
- EBS Soft Clip design for preserved solid bottom at high volume.
- The power amp, developed by EBS, operates at 4 ohms and can handle a 2-ohms load. It makes it possible to extend the combo with one 4-ohm or up to two extra 8-ohm speaker cabinets.
- 4-band EQ with Bright and Notch filters.
- High-efficiency and lightweight Neodymium speakers.
- Double-ported cabinet (front and back).
- Superior power-to-weight ratio.
- Available in 2x 10” configuration with a tweeter.
- Speakon output for extra cabinet (4 to 8 ohm).
- Switchable between 120/230V.
- Balanced XLR output with ground lift.
- Headphones output.
- Line Out.
- Effects loop.
- Comes with a dust cover.
The first model in the new series, the EBS Magni 502 – 210, is shipping now.
It will be displayed for the first time at the Guitar Summit in Mannheim, September 9-11. Visit us at booth 312 in hall -1.
- Input Impedance: 1 Mohms // 100 pF
- Low +7 dB @ 40 Hz
- Mid -2dB@ 800Hz
- High +3 dB @ 10 kHz
- Gain 0 dB
- Attenuation max 24 dB
- Compression Ratio max 3:1
- Attack (80%) typ. <10 ms
- Release (80%) typ. 100 ms
- Type 12 dB/oct. Shelving
- Gain Range +/-18dB @ 60Hz
- Type Bandpass Filter
- Frequency Range 100 -6.000 Hz
- Gain Range +/-12-15 dB
- Type Shelving
- Gain Range +/-18dB@6kHz
- Bright: Type Shelving
- Gain Range +15/-0 dB @ 10 kHz
Balanced XLR output:
- Output Level Nominal -10dBv
- Frequency Response +0/-3 dB 10-20.000 Hz
- XLR Connections 1-GND, 2-Hot, 3-Cold
- Options GND Lift, Pre/Post EQ
- Loop Signal Level nominal -10 dBv
- Gain Unity (1:1)
- Output Impedance 100 ohms
- Input Impedance >50 Kohms // 100 pF
- Output Impedance 100 ohms
- Signal Level nominal 0 dBv
- Impedance recommended 32 -200 ohms
- Continuous Output Power @4 ohms 250 W RMS
- Dynamic Output Power 500 W peak
- Protection Short circuit, High temperature
External cabinet output:
- Minimum Load Impedance 4 ohms (External Cabinet)
- Connect via Speakon output jack.
- Power Requirements max 500 W
- Mains Protection: T2.5A Fuse (230V) T5A Fuse (100/120V)
- Power rating 300 W (RMS)
- Configuration: 2x 10" Neodymium Speakers + tweeter
- Frequency Response: 45 - 20k Hz
- Size: (H x W x D) 56 cm / 22" / 44 cm / 17.3" / 36.5 cm / 14.4"
- Weight (total): 15.4 kg / 33.95 lbs